Being pinned dating

C., and remained there until the middle of the first century A. Inhabitants used the city's necropolis, called Passo Marinaro, from the fifth to the third centuries B. About 85 percent of the burials in Passo Marinaro contain intact skeletons that are either lying flat on their backs or on their sides with bent knees, according to reports from Giovanni Di Stefano, one of the site's principal excavators during the 1980s.The remaining 15 percent of the burials are cremations, and about half of the graves contain artifacts, such as terracotta vases, figurines and coins.Katadesmoi are "lead tablets inscribed with petitions, or requests, that would be addressed to underworld deities," she told Live Science.

Most are degraded and difficult to translate, but some have lists of names, likely of people who were the targets of curses, she said. Researchers have found three seashells in the Passo Marinaro graves, but it's unclear whether they were intended to serve as katadesmoi, Sulosky Weaver said.

Other candidates included suicides; victims of murder, drowning, plague and curses; and people who were not properly buried, she said.

[History's 10 Most Overlooked Mysteries] The earliest example of revenant burials date to between 45 B. in Cyprus, where archaeologists found bodies in graves with millstones pinning down their heads and chests, according to the article.

Ancient supernatural practices may explain why two Grecian graves contain skeletons that are pinned down with heavy objects and rocks, almost as though people wanted to trap the bodies underground, a new article finds.

Archaeologists have known about these two peculiar burials since the 1980s, when they uncovered the graves along with nearly 3,000 others at an ancient Greek necropolis in Sicily.

Search for being pinned dating:

being pinned dating-44

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

One thought on “being pinned dating”

  1. Everybody did, Cosby did, David Brenner did -- we all did. I think because I was a woman, he never thought I would leave, or maybe he liked me better, but the minute I became competition, it became out to kill me.